Unfortunately, our streets and highways are filled with reckless and distracted drivers. More than 3 million people die or are seriously injured in the United States every year. In Illinois alone, nine people are injured every hour in a traffic crash. (ILDOT) These collisions often result in painful, life-changing injuries, destroying families, ruining careers, and leading to financial ruin.
Swift and thoughtful action is required after a car crash – and effective legal representation can often make the difference when seeking compensation for the harm and loss that results.
Auto insurance companies are motivated to limit any recovery for crash victims. Because of this corporate greed, victims often fail to understand their rights to just compensation.
If you are involved in a car accident, regardless of how minor you think it is:
● report the crash to the police
● write down the names and contact information of any witnesses
● take photographs of all the cars involved, the scene of the crash and any injuries
● call your automobile insurance carrier immediately so that you comply with the terms of your insurance policy
● call the experienced car accident attorneys at SCHIFF GORMAN LLC
The lawyers at SCHIFF GORMAN LLC have decades of experience representing car crash victims. We can help protect you from the insurance industry, and get the compensation your deserve.
And Remember: airbags, seatbelts, and child safety seats can save lives and reduce permanent injury.